Worcester Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Any employee in Worcester, Massachusetts, deserves to receive workers’ compensation benefits if they sustain an on-the-job injury. Unfortunately, there are times when insurance carriers or employers make it difficult to secure compensation. At Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP, our team is standing by to help when you need a Worcester workers’ compensation attorney. We have extensive experience investigating these cases, and we will work to secure your full benefits, so you can focus on recovering and getting back to your job.
Choose Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP
- The Worcester personal injury attorneys at Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP work diligently to coordinate benefits between appropriate insurance carriers, including your personal health insurance carrier and workers’ compensation insurers.
- We ensure that your medical bills get submitted to the appropriate insurance carriers in an effort to have them processed accordingly.
- We take Worcester work injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until we secure the compensation they deserve.
Why Do You Need a Workers’ Compensation Attorney?
Work injury claims can become complicated, particularly if the insurance carrier or employer disputes the facts of the case. A Worcester workers’ compensation attorney can use their resources to:
- Obtain all evidence needed to prove liability, including surveillance footage of the incident, workplace safety records, employee training records, eyewitness statements, and more.
- Craft a demand letter to be sent to the workers’ comp insurance carrier to help resolve the case in a fair manner for the client.
- Negotiate with all parties involved if there is an impasse related to the cause or severity of the injury or illness.
What Kind of Workers’ Comp Benefits Are You Entitled To?
The workers’ compensation system in Massachusetts is designed to provide coverage for those who sustain on-the-job injuries or illnesses. First, it is important for you to know that all of your medical expenses should be covered after you sustain a work injury. Additionally, your total income determines the amount of wage replacement benefits that you will receive. The more you earn, the higher your workers’ comp benefits will be in order to ensure that you are cared for while you recover.
Additionally, depending on the severity of your injury, you may be entitled to receive partial disability payments, total or permanent disability payments, or compensation for loss of bodily function.
Common Workplace Injuries in Worcester
Our Worcester workers’ compensation lawyers have experience helping clients who have sustained a wide range of injuries. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe sprains or strains
- Lacerations and puncture wounds
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Spinal cord trauma
- Other severe back or neck injury
- Burn injuries
- Electrical injuries
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Occupational illnesses (cancer, respiratory illnesses, cardiovascular disease, etc.)
Contact a Worcester Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been injured on the job or has become ill due to workplace exposure, let the team at Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP help you today. Our attorneys have the resources necessary to investigate complex work injury cases, and we know what it takes to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers and employers.
Let us help you secure any compensation benefits you are entitled to. When you need a Worcester workers’ compensation attorney by your side, you can click here to schedule a free consultation or call us at (617) 348-0998.