Boston Bicycle Accident Lawyer
When cyclists or pedestrians are struck by a car, the injuries they suffer are often serious. Working with an experienced Boston bicycle accident lawyer can make all the difference. At Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP, our attorneys will work closely with you and your doctors to maximize your recovery. Please call us at (617) 348-0988 for a free consultation.
Why Choose Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP Tor This Case?
- The bicycle accident attorneys at Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP have extensive experience handling complex personal injury cases throughout Boston, and we have helped thousands of individuals secure the compensation they deserve.
- We focus on giving personalized attention to every client that we take, and we make sure that our clients have direct access to the personal injury attorney handling their case.
- We work diligently with insurance carriers to facilitate quick payments for medical bills, lost wages, and other losses.
- We take Boston bicycle accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they are entitled to.
How Will a Bicycle Accident Attorney Help Handle My Case?
A Boston bicycle accident lawyer can use their resources to:
- Uncover all evidence necessary to prove liability. This can include photo or video surveillance of the bike crash, statements from eyewitnesses, police reports, vehicle “black box” data, and phone records.
- Ensure their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who will fully evaluate all injuries and help properly calculate total expected losses.
- Handle all communication with every insurance carrier involved, including the insurance carrier for the bicycle accident victim as well as the auto insurance carrier of their at-fault driver.
Bicycle Accident Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that in 2008, 52,000 people were injured in bicycle accidents and 716 cyclists were killed. The majority of people killed in bicycle accidents were involved in a collision with a car or truck.
Common Injuries from Bicycle Accidents
Data provided by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation shows that there have been nearly 500 bicycle accidents reported over the last five years in the city of Boston. Unfortunately, injuries in these cases are often severe because bicyclists do not have much protection from the force of a vehicle slamming into them. Additionally, most bicyclists sustain a second impact with the ground after being struck by a vehicle. It is not uncommon for our Boston bicycle accident lawyers to help clients who have sustained the following injuries:
- Severe lacerations and road rash
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Amputations or crush injuries
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Other severe back and neck injuries
- Significant scarring and disfigurement
In addition to these physical injuries, bicycle accident victims in Boston regularly suffer from significant emotional and psychological trauma as a result of the crash and their subsequent injuries. Our bike accident attorneys in Boston strive to ensure that clients receive compensation for all of their injuries, physical and non-physical.
Contact a Boston Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has sustained a bicycle accident injury caused by the careless or negligent actions of another driver in the Boston area, contact a Boston bicycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. At Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP, our dedicated team is standing by to help when you need a Boston accident lawyer by your side. We pledge to conduct a complete investigation into the incident, so we can secure full compensation for your losses. Let us help you get back on your feet today.
Call our Boston or Greenfield, Massachusetts offices at (617) 348-0988 or send us an email for a free consultation.