Boston Truck Accident Attorney
The Boston truck accident attorneys at Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP have more than 75 years of combined personal injury experience. We have helped thousands of injured people in Massachusetts and elsewhere recover compensation after accidents. Please call our Boston office at (617) 348-0988 for a free consultation.
Accidents involving a truck or a large commercial vehicle often cause serious injuries or death. The size and weight of a large truck simply overwhelm passenger vehicles. If you or a family member has been injured in a truck accident, you need an experienced Boston trucking accident lawyer on your side.
Why Choose Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP?
- The Boston personal injury attorneys at Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP understand the complex nature of truck accidents that occur in Boston, and we devote our full resources to helping every client we take.
- Our attorneys focus solely on personal injury law cases, which gives us a significant advantage when handling complex truck accident claims.
- Our legal support staff has extensive experience in training, and they work with our team of attorneys to provide every client with excellent and timely service.
- We take Boston truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not pay us any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they need.
How Will a Truck Accident Attorney Help Your Case?
Truck accident claims often become very complicated because they regularly involve parties that are not usually present in a traditional accident case. This can include all drivers involved, personal insurance carriers, commercial truck insurance carriers, trucking companies, and aggressive legal teams.
A Boston truck accident lawyer can use their resources to gather any evidence needed to prove liability. This can include the following:
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Photo or video surveillance
- Commercial truck “black box” data
- Mobile device data
- Electronic logging device (ELD) data
- Truck company safety records
- A truck operator’s driving record
Additionally, the truck accident lawyer will ensure their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can help treat their injuries and fully evaluate their total expected losses. An attorney will negotiate with every party involved in order to reach a fair out-of-court settlement while also preparing the case to go to trial, if necessary.
Fighting the Trucking and Commercial Industry
There are many rules and regulations that govern the trucking and commercial industry. Unfortunately, the drivers and trucking companies do not always follow these regulations. That is why it is important to investigate soon after the accident to see if it was caused by negligence.
Trucks and other commercial vehicles carry large commercial insurance policies. To protect their interests, the trucking company and their insurance carrier have lawyers and investigators working for them. Who will protect you?
Types of Accident Cases
We are very familiar with commercial driver regulations and with accidents involving:
- Semis (tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers)
- Garbage trucks
- Delivery trucks (UPS, FedEx)
- Buses and transport vehicles
- Construction vehicles
Semi-truck accidents are common on interstates and highways, including I-90 (Mass Pike), I-91, 128, 495, 93 and Route 2. Cities and neighborhoods are often the scene of delivery truck and garbage truck accidents.
Common Truck Accident Injuries in Boston
Data available from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration shows that a fully loaded semi-truck can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. Due to the size and weight of these trucks, it should come as no surprise that accidents involving traditional passenger vehicles often result in severe injuries.
It is not uncommon for our Boston accident attorneys to help clients who have sustained the following injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Open head wounds
- Spinal cord injuries with paralysis
- Other severe back or neck injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Crush injuries
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Significant scarring and disfigurement
Additionally, we also help truck accident victims who have sustained emotional and psychological trauma as a result of the accident, their injuries, and the recovery process. Our truck collision lawyers strive to secure compensation for all of our clients’ physical and non-physical injuries.
What Kind of Compensation is Available in Truck Accident Cases?
There may be various types of compensation available to victims injured due to the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company. At Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP, our attorneys are able to help clients recover the following compensation:
- Full compensation for their medical bills
- Lost income if they cannot work
- Loss of future earnings in cases of a disability
- Property damage expenses
- General household out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent driver or a trucking company
Contact a Boston Trucking Crash Attorney Today
The sooner we can begin investigating your accident, the better we can serve you. Call (617) 348-0988 or contact us online for a free consultation.