Boston Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer
At Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP, our attorneys are here to help if you need a Boston Uber or Lyft accident attorney. We have experience handling complex injury cases, and we will not back down from aggressive insurance carriers. Let us help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Rideshare services are incredibly popular in and around the Boston area. Drivers for Uber and Lyft help ensure that our residents and visitors can get from place to place safely. However, there are times when accidents involving rideshare vehicles occur.
Why Choose Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP?
- At Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP, our Boston accident lawyers have extensive experience handling complex vehicle accident claims, and we understand how the no-fault system interferes with Uber and Lyft accident cases.
- Our legal support team has extensive experience and training, and they work with our attorneys to provide our clients with excellent, timely service.
- We take Boston Uber and Lyft accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they deserve.
Why Do You Need an Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney?
Uber and Lyft accidents are going to be complex, and injury victims should not try to handle these cases without an attorney. A Boston Uber or Lyft accident lawyer will use their resources to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers and rideshare companies. They can:
- Obtain and review all insurance policies involved, including the injury victim’s policy as well as the policy of the rideshare company.
- Work with trusted medical and economic professionals to properly calculate their client’s total losses.
- Craft a demand letter to be sent to the insurance carriers to try and resolve the matter efficiently and without going to court.
- Prepare to take the case to trial, if necessary to ensure their client receives the compensation they deserve.
Insurance Coverage in Boston Uber and Lyft Accidents
Uber and Lyft drivers are just like anybody else on the roadway. These are regular drivers with a standard license using their own vehicles to chauffeur people from place to place. They can, and do, make mistakes behind the wheel. There are various ways that accidents can occur involving Uber and Lyft vehicles, and insurance can be complicated in these situations.
Typically, these rideshare companies will handle insurance claims on a tiered rate that depends on whether or not a driver is on duty and whether they have a passenger or not. Drivers who are not signed into their app to work will receive no coverage from Uber or Lyft in the event an accident occurs. However, if a driver is signed into work but does not have a passenger, both Uber and Lyft will provide limited coverage in the event their driver causes an accident and the personal insurance carriers involved deny a claim or if the coverage limits are exhausted.
Finally, if an Uber or Lyft driver causes a crash when they have a passenger or are on the way to pick one up, both companies have $1 million liability policies that are intended to kick in and cover everybody involved.
Call our Boston Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle in the Boston area, turn to the team at Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP as soon as possible. We have experience investigating complex vehicle accident cases, particularly those that involve multiple parties. Let us handle investigating the case, determining liability, and negotiating with aggressive insurance carriers.
Our goal is to secure full compensation for your medical bills, property damage, lost income, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a Boston Uber or Lyft accident attorney, you can click here to schedule a free consultation or call us at (617) 348-0998.