Boston Medical Malpractice Attorney
Medical mistakes are often devastating. When a medical professional is careless or negligent, patients can sustain significant injuries or illnesses. At Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP, we are here to help if you need a Boston medical malpractice attorney by your side. If you or somebody you love has been injured or has become ill due to the actions of a medical provider, our team is ready to step up and investigate your claim. We have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into your case and secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why Choose Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP for Your Medical Malpractice Case?
- We focus solely on personal injury cases, which means that our team has the experience, understanding, and legal expertise necessary for our clients to be successful.
- Every client that we take will work with one of our firm’s partners. You are not just another case number to us.
- Our Boston medical malpractice lawyers take medical malpractice cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that they will own no upfront or out-of-pocket costs for their case. We only collect legal fees after we have secured the compensation that our clients are entitled to.
Why Do You Need an Attorney for a Medical Malpractice Case?
Medical malpractice cases are incredibly complex, and victims are often left going up against well-funded legal teams and aggressive insurance carriers. A Boston medical malpractice attorney can:
- Enlist the assistance of trusted medical experts who can fully evaluate the case, determine what went wrong, and place liability on the person who caused the injury or illness
- Gather all medical records, proof of client out-of-pocket expenses, proof of lost wages, and more, in order to help calculate the client’s total losses
- Vigorously negotiate with every party involved to reach an out-of-court settlement while also, preparing the case for trial
Most Common Boston Medical Mistakes
Data provided by researchers at Johns Hopkins University shows that medical mistakes are likely the third leading cause of death in the United States. According to these researchers, approximately 250,000 people lose their lives each year due to errors made by medical professionals. There are various types of mistakes that occur in medical settings, including the following:
- Failure to diagnose an injury or illness
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Surgical mistakes
- Prescription medication errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth injuries and obstetrical mistakes
- Failure to prevent patient falls
- Healthcare-acquired infections
There are many types of medical professionals that can cause harm to patients due to their mistakes, including doctors, surgeons, and nurses, as well as pharmacists, chiropractors, physician assistants, emergency medical professionals, psychiatrists, and more. If you are curious to learn more, speak with a Boston injury lawyer.
Contact Our Boston Medical Malpractice Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured or has become ill due to the careless or negligent actions of a medical provider, turn to the team at Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP for help today. Injury claims involving medical provider negligence can be challenging, but we have the resources necessary to fully investigate what happened and determine liability.
Our goal is to secure the compensation you need to make a full recovery and to cover any expenses you have incurred due to a medical mistake. When you need a Boston medical malpractice attorney, you can click here to schedule a free consultation or call us at (617) 348-0998.