Boston Burn Injury Attorney
The experienced Boston burn injury lawyers at Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP have spent their careers fighting for injured people. We are ready to help you get the compensation you need to address your medical bills and other financial losses.
Did you or someone you care about sustain a burn injury? Burn injuries are painful injuries that can result in scarring and require long-term healing as well as costly skin grafts. If your life or the life of someone you love has been changed due to a burn injury, turn to a skilled Boston burn injury attorney for help.
Why Turn to Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP for Help with Your Burn Injury Case?
- The Boston personal injury attorneys at Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP have helped thousands of personal injury clients in Boston and throughout Massachusetts secure the compensation they deserve.
- Our team focuses solely on personal injury cases, which means we have gained the experience, legal expertise, understanding, and resources necessary for our clients to be successful.
- Every client works directly with one of our firm’s partners because we know that you are not just another statistic.
- We take Boston burn injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they deserve.
How Will a Burn Injury Attorney Help This Claim?
Burn injury cases can be complicated, particularly when it comes to determining liability. Because burns can happen in a variety of different ways, it is crucial to have an attorney with vast experience handling complex personal injury cases. A skilled Boston burn injury lawyer will use their resources to conduct a complete investigation into the cause of the burn. This can include obtaining any photo or video surveillance of the incident, speaking to eyewitnesses, and analyzing accident reports.
An attorney will also make sure that their client is evaluated by a trusted burn specialist who can help treat the injuries and estimate the total expected losses the client will incur.
Finally, a burn injury lawyer will handle all negotiations with other parties involved in an attempt to reach a fair settlement. If the at-fault party or insurance carriers refuse to pay a fair amount, an attorney will fully prepare the case for trial.
How Did Your Burn Injury Happen?
As experienced burn injury attorneys in Boston, we dedicate our time and resources to helping people who have sustained serious injuries. We understand that the financial cost associated with a burn injury, along with the pain and suffering you are enduring, is something you cannot address without legal representation. We are here to help you obtain maximum compensation for your injuries, medical bills and lost wages. Our attorneys effectively represent burn injury victims who have been injured in accidents such as:
- Electrical accidents
- Defective product injuries
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Industrial accidents
Burn injuries can occur at home and at work. In residential accidents, burn injuries often occur because homes have defective fire alarms and smoke detectors.
In whatever way the accident happened, our law firm can determine the cause of the accident and hold the responsible party accountable. We can craft fair and enduring settlement demands that compensate you for the medical bills, pain, suffering and other losses you have endured.
Classifying Burns by Severity
Burns are typically classified according to their severity. In general, burns will be rated from first-degree to fourth-degree.
- First-degree – This level of burn is the least severe and typically only affects the outer skin. A victim may suffer from minor pain, mild irritation, and slight redness of the skin.
- Second-degree – This level of burn will affect the outer layer of skin as well as the dermis, which is the layer of skin right underneath the outer layer. A second-degree burn will lead to swollen and red skin that will likely blister. In some cases, these burns may cause a permanent change in the skin color.
- Third-degree – These burns will be referred to as “full thickness” burns that will destroy two full layers of skin. In these cases, the skin may appear black, yellow, white, or brown, and the nerve endings surrounding the affected area may be destroyed. Third-degree burns can cause significant scarring and disfigurement.
- Fourth-degree – This is the most severe type of burn a person can suffer from. Fourth-degree burns destroy all layers of skin and can also damage muscles, bones, and tendons. Fourth-degree burn victims will suffer from significant scarring, disfigurement, and deformities.
Types of Compensation Available for a Boston Burn Injury
Burn injury victims will typically be able to secure various types of compensation in the event that somebody else causes their injuries. At Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP, our Boston burn injury attorneys are regularly able to secure both economic and non-economic compensation for our clients. This can include:
- Full coverage of medical bills caused by the burn injuries
- Lost income if a victim cannot work while they recover
- Any property damage expenses that occur
- Pain and suffering damages
- Mental and physical trauma damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
If the conduct of the negligent party was deemed to be grossly negligent or intentional, punitive damages may also be awarded to the injury victim.
Contact a Boston Burn Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one sustained burn injuries due to the negligence, or reckless actions, of another person, call our Boston or Greenfield offices at (617) 348-0988 or send us an email. We are here to help.