Boston Workers Compensation Attorney
After an injury on the job, you may be worried about your ability to return to work. What if your work injury causes a permanent disability? How will you provide for yourself and your family? To find answers to these questions and to protect your rights, contact an experienced Boston workers’ compensation lawyer.
Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP has been helping injured Massachusetts workers for many years. Our skilled Boston work accident attorneys know how to maximize your workers’ compensation benefits. To discuss your case, call us. Your consultation is free.
How Can Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP Help With Your Workers’ Compensation Case?
- The Boston workers’ compensation attorneys at Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP are dedicated to helping injury victims get through difficult times, and we have helped thousands of clients secure the compensation they deserve.
- Every client we take will work directly with one of our firm’s partners. They will be able to ask any questions and raise concerns directly with the injury attorney handling their case.
- We make sure that your medical bills get submitted to the workers’ compensation insurance carrier in an effort to have them processed accordingly.
- We take Boston work injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to pay any legal fees until we secure the compensation they deserve.
How Can a Boston Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Help?
A qualified Boston workers’ compensation attorney will be an invaluable resource for your case. They will be responsible for communicating with your employer and insurance carrier in an effort to resolve any differences or conflicts pertaining to the claim. An attorney can use their resources to:
- Conduct an independent investigation into the incident in order to prove liability and justify the workers’ compensation claim.
- Work with trusted and independent medical professionals who can evaluate the client and help determine total expected expenses.
- Negotiate with every party involved to reach a fair settlement amount.
- Prepare to go through the workers’ compensation appeals process, if necessary to ensure their client receives the compensation they deserve.
Do You Know Your Rights?
An employee who is injured on the job is usually entitled to some compensation, even if they are at fault for the incident. If your employer does not have workers’ compensation coverage, you can file a claim against your employer.
Your income determines the amount of workers’ compensation you receive. The more income you earn, the more compensation you are entitled to. Workers’ compensation benefits include replacement wages, medical benefits, and dependent family benefits. Depending on the injury, you may receive partial disability payments, total and permanent disability payments, or compensation for loss of function.
If your workers’ compensation claim is denied, you have the right to appeal the decision. Our experienced Boston workers’ compensation attorneys can help you fight for your workers’ compensation benefits.
What Is Covered by Workers’ Compensation?
Repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, are usually covered by workers’ compensation. Serious injuries such as burn injuries as well as wrongful death caused by slip and fall accidents, fire, explosion, electrical accidents or defective machinery are also usually covered. If a defective product or machine caused the injury, you may be able to make a claim against the manufacturer in addition to your workers’ compensation claim. There are often multiple liable parties involved in construction accidents, also.
We can help you determine who is liable for your injury and seek the compensation you are entitled to. In these cases, legal fees are usually paid for by a workers’ compensation insurance carrier or handled on a contingency fee basis.
How Long Do You Have to File a Work Injury Claim in Massachusetts?
There are various deadlines in place that injured workers need to be aware of. If you sustain a work injury in Boston, you need to alert your employer as soon as possible. Employers are supposed to report work injuries to the workers’ compensation insurer if the employee is unable to work for five or more days. It is crucial that you report the injury right away, so the employer can file the proper paperwork.
However, there is an overall Massachusetts workers’ compensation reporting deadline that you need to be aware of. All claims must be filed by the injured worker within four years from the date the injury occurs. Failing to file a claim within this time frame will result in the victim being unable to recover the compensation they deserve. While four years may seem like a long time, it is not. It can take a significant amount of time to gather information about the claim, including any investigation that may be needed to prove liability. Additionally, there are times when injuries do not seem severe at first but then get worse over time. If you continually put off filing a workers’ compensation claim until the injury is severe, you may miss the deadline altogether.
Contact a Boston Workers’ Compensation Attorney Immediately
If you or somebody you care about has sustained a work injury but is having trouble securing the compensation you are entitled to, seek assistance from a Boston workers’ comp lawyer as soon as possible. Work injury claims can become incredibly complicated in Boston and throughout Massachusetts. However, the team at Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP will work diligently to prove what happened and secure your rightful compensation.
When you need a Boston workers’ compensation attorney, we are here for you. Contact us online today. We help injured workers in the Boston and Greenfield areas.