Lowell Truck Accident Attorney
Large commercial trucks can lead to devastating injuries in the event a crash occurs. Unfortunately, those inside traditional passenger vehicles do not have much protection from the force of the truck slamming into them.
At Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP, our team is here to help if you need a Lowell truck accident attorney by your side. We understand how challenging these cases can be, and we have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation and determine liability on your behalf. Let us help you secure full compensation for your losses.
Choose Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP for Your Truck Accident
- The Lowell accident attorneys at Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP have a thorough understanding of the no-fault insurance system in Massachusetts, and we know how this intersects with complex truck accident cases.
- We focus exclusively on personal injury cases, and we have built a reputation for success by helping thousands of clients secure the compensation they deserve.
- We take Lowell truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not owe us any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they deserve.
Why Do You Need a Lowell Trucking Accident Lawyer?
Commercial truck accident claims are challenging, but a skilled Lowell trucking accident lawyer can get involved early and handle every aspect of the case. Using their resources, they can:
- Obtain any evidence needed to prove liability, including the truck’s “black box” data, the hours of service data for the driver, truck company and driver safety records, video or photo surveillance of the incident, statements from eyewitnesses, and more.
- Work with economic and medical experts to gather all medical records, proof of lost income, and proof of client out-of-pocket expenses.
- Negotiate vigorously with every party involved, including aggressive insurance carriers and the trucking company.
- Fully prepare to take the case to trial, if necessary to ensure their client is treated fairly.
Who Can Be Held Liable in a Truck Accident Case?
There may be various parties that could be held liable in the aftermath of the truck accident. Often, attorneys discover that these incidents are caused by the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company or even a defective truck part. This can include:
- Truck drivers are responsible for operating the vehicle safely. Unfortunately, we regularly discover that large truck crashes are caused by drivers:
- Operating too fast for conditions
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Failing to abide by FMCSA hours of service regulations
- Disobeying traffic laws pertaining to these vehicles
- Operating a truck recklessly
- Improperly securing the cargo
- Truck companies are responsible for ensuring the safe operation of all vehicles in their fleet. This includes:
- Conducting proper background checks on all drivers
- Ensuring all vehicles are properly inspected and maintained
- Properly investigating any incidents of unsafe driving
- Not overloading the trucks
- Truck part manufacturers could be held liable in the event they supply poorly designed items or parts damaged during the manufacturing process.
Call Our Lowell Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a truck accident caused by the negligent or wrongful actions of a truck driver or trucking company, contact Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP as soon as possible. Our Lowell personal injury attorneys have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into your claim and help you determine the liability of any party involved.
Our goal is to secure full compensation for your losses, so you can focus on recovering and being with your family. When you need a Lowell truck accident attorney, choose Rawson Merrigan & Litner, LLP.